Cleveland HeartLab, Inc. (CHL) is a premier next-generation clinical reference laboratory committed to advancing cardiovascular risk assessment through unique and proprietary diagnostic tests. We focus on novel inflammatory and cardiovascular biomarker technologies that allow for advanced risk assessment.
This position will have a split focus of maintaining a cash database by entering new and updated customer and account detail information, while also performing various monthly general accounting duties. This position will be part of the Finance team and work closely with the General Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable, and Billing/Collections staff.
The essential responsibilities include:
- Preparation and balancing of daily lockbox’s.
- Batching for posting by lockbox.
- Updating batch log summary.
- Enters payments to customer account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to format per payment detail.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Balances to patient, batch and daily deposit totals in accordance with documentation.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete, purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Monthly journal entries
- Client billing backup
- GL reconciliation monthly roll-forward
- Fixed assets/CAPEX request management
- Assist in client collections
- Maintain monthly close binders
- Manage various tax and state filings
- New vendor entry
- Assist in additional month-end close tasks as needed
Additional Responsibilities and Tasks:
Special projects may be assigned as needed. Some reporting needs may be asked of this person. Adequate Microsoft excel skills a plus.
Job qualifications include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Degree or GED Required; 2 – 4 year accounting degree/certificate a plus
- 2 – 5 years of health insurance billing or equivalent and/or 2 – 4 years of general accounting experience preferred.
- Reimbursement and customer service collections, data entry, excel, accounting
- Typing – Keyboard
- Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Word – Excel
- Decision Making
- Result Driven
- Analyzing Information
- High energy Level
- ERP utilization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time.
- Ability to use a telephone, computer, and keyboard.
- Ability to occasionally lift, bend, stretch and stand.
- Ability to occasionally sit, kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions.
General office environment. May be required to work on computer for extended periods of time.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability along with a matching 401k Plan.
It is the policy of Cleveland HeartLab to consider candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, or any other condition protected by applicable law. We are a drug free workplace.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to email@example.com