Order Code: C133
ABN Requirement: No
Specimen: EDTA Plasma
Volume: 1.0 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL
Container: EDTA (Lavender Top tube)
- Draw and gently invert 8 to 10 times.
- Centrifuge immediately for 10 minutes at 1300 RCF at room temperature.
- Pre-squeeze transfer pipet bulb and draw off approximately 2/3 of the upper plasma layer.
Note: This ensures that the buffy coat and red cells remain undisturbed.
- Aliquot plasma into labeled transport tube labeled as “EDTA plasma” and cap tightly. Discard original tube.
- Store transport tube refrigerated at 2-8oC until ready to ship.
Transport: Store plasma at 2°C to 8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions provided with the Cleveland HeartLab, Inc. shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): not acceptable
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 8 days
Frozen (-20°C): 6 months
Deep Frozen (-70°C): 6 months
Causes for Rejection: Grossly hemolyzed samples; specimens other than EDTA plasma; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits
Methodology: Turbidimetric Immunoassay (TIA)
Turn Around Time: 1 to 3 days
|All Ages||<470||470 – 539||≥540|
Use: Myeloperoxidase testing may be used for individuals with multiple risk factors for cardiovascular disease, or those with established disease.
Limitations: Erratic results can be observed if plasma is not centrifuged and separated from red cells immediately.