Order Code: C133
ABN Requirement: No
Specimen: EDTA Plasma
Volume: 1.0 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL
Container: EDTA (Lavender Top tube)
- Draw and gently invert 8 to 10 times.
- Centrifuge for 10 minutes.
- Pre-squeeze transfer pipet bulb and draw off approximately 2/3 of the upper plasma layer.
Note: This ensures that the buffy coat and red cells remain undisturbed.
- Aliquot plasma into labeled transport tube labeled as “EDTA plasma” and cap tightly. Discard original tube.
- Store transport tube refrigerated at 2-8oC until ready to ship.
Transport: Store plasma at 2°C to 8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions provided with the Cleveland HeartLab shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): not acceptable
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 8 days
Frozen (-20°C): 6 months
Deep Frozen (-70°C): 6 months
Causes for Rejection: Grossly hemolyzed samples; specimens other than EDTA plasma; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits
Methodology: Turbidimetric Immunoassay (TIA)
Turn Around Time: 1 to 3 days
|All Ages||<470||470 – 539||≥540|
Use: Myeloperoxidase testing may be used for individuals with multiple risk factors for cardiovascular disease, or those with established disease.
Limitations: Erratic results can be observed if plasma is not centrifuged and separated from red cells immediately.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.