CPT Code: 82542
Order Code: C301
ABN Requirement: No
Volume: 1.0 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL
Fasting: Fasting is recommended but not required
Container: Gel-barrier tube (SST, Tiger Top)
- Collect and label sample according to standard protocols.
- Gently invert tube 5 times immediately after draw. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Allow blood to clot 30 minutes.
- Centrifuge at 1300 rcf for 10 minutes.
Transport: Store serum at 2°C to 8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions provided with the Cleveland HeartLab, Inc. shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): 1 day
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 7 days
Frozen (-20°C): 23 days
Deep Frozen (-70°C): 23 days
Causes for Rejection: Specimens other than serum; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits; hemolyzed specimens
Methodology: Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
Turn Around Time: 4-7 days
|Analyte||Age||Low Relative Risk
|Moderate Relative Risk
|High Relative Risk
Clinical Use: ADMA and SDMA may be measured in individuals with multiple risk factors for the development of cardiovascular disease.
Interpretive Information: Elevated ADMA levels are associated with significant subclinical atherosclerosis1,2 while elevated SDMA levels are associated with impaired kidney function3,4 and strongly correlate with reduced eGFR.4
- Maas, Renke, et al. Stroke 2009; 40: 2715-2719.
- Iribarren, Carlos, et al. Eur J Cardio Prev Rehab. 2007; 14: 222-229.
- Schepers, Eva, et al. Clin J Amer Soc Nephrol. 2011; 6: 2374-2383.
- Kielstein, Jan T., et al. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002; 13: 170-176.