Order Code: C2386
ABN Requirement: No
Synonyms: Nucleotidase; 5NT
Volume: 1.0 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.3 mL
Container: Gel-barrier tube (SST, Tiger Top)
- Collect and label sample according to standard protocols.
- Gently invert tube 5 times immediately after draw. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Let tube stand in a vertical position to allow blood to clot 30 minutes.
- Centrifuge for 10 minutes.
- Transfer serum into a labeled standard aliquot tube.
Note: Separate serum from cells within 2 hours of collection. Avoid hemolysis.
Transport: Store serum at 2-8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions included with the provided shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): 4 hours
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 7 days
Frozen (-20°C): 14 days (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Causes for Rejection: Specimens other than serum; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits
Methodology: Enzymatic Assay
Turn Around Time: 3-5 days
Clinical Significance: Determine whether enzyme elevation is due to hepatocellular or cholestatic pattern.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.