Order Code: C335
ABN Requirement: No
Synonyms: Oxidized Low-density Lipoprotein; Oxidized LDL
Preferred Specimen: EDTA Plasma
Volume: 0.5 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.3 mL
Container: EDTA (Lavender Top tube)
- Collect and label sample according to standard protocols.
- Gently invert tube 8-10 times immediately after draw. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Centrifuge for 10 minutes.
- Aliquot top layer from lavender draw tube and place plasma into transport tube. Discard draw tube. Label the transport tube as EDTA plasma. Only ship plasma in transport tube.
- Ship and transport refrigerated.
Transport: Store plasma at 2°C to 8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions included with the provided shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): Not Acceptable
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 7 days
Frozen (-20°C): 28 days
Deep Frozen (-70 to -80°C): 6 months
Causes for Rejection: Samples not labeled properly; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits
Methodology: Enzyme-Linked Immunoassay (ELISA)
Turn Around Time: 5 days
Clinical Significance: The oxidized LDL test may be ordered for individuals at low or intermediate risk of metabolic syndrome or cardiovascular disease. In addition, this test is useful in individuals who have cardiovascular disease and are at risk for an adverse cardiac event.
Limitations: No known limitations.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.