Order Code: C2544
ABN Requirement: No
Volume: 1.0 mL
Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL
Container: No gel tube (Red top tube)
- Collect and label sample according to standard protocols.
- Gently invert tube 5 times immediately after draw. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Let tube stand in a vertical position to allow blood to clot 30 minutes.
- Centrifuge for 10 minutes.
- Aliquot serum into a labeled transport tube and cap tightly.
Special Information: Do not collect in a gel separator tube. Draw once steady state is achieved.
Transport: Store aliquoted serum at 2-8°C after collection and ship the same day per packaging instructions included with the provided shipping box.
Ambient (15-25°C): 7 days
Refrigerated (2-8°C): 7 days
Frozen (-20°C): 1 year
Causes for Rejection: Serum from gel barrier (SST) tube; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits
Methodology: Kinetic Interaction of Microparticles in a Solution
Turn Around Time: 2-3 days
Clinical Significance: Monitor therapeutic administration of phenobarbital.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.